PiColorLock™ phosphate detection reagent changes colour in the presence of inorganic phosphate (Pi). This can be exploited to measure any enzyme that generates Pi including ATPases, GTPases, phosphatases, heat-shock proteins and DNA unwinding proteins.
The unique formulation of PiColorLock™ affords enhanced assay linearity, dynamic range and colour stability; it is also possible with PiColorLock™ to work with unstable substrates (e.g. ATP, GTP) that give high non-enzymatic background signals with other acidic dye-based detection reagents.
Features & benefits:
- Colorimetric assay – Simple, scalable and non-radioactive
- Compatible with almost any assay buffer – Flexibility over a wide range of existing assays
- Stable reagent formulation – Long shelf life
- Unique accelerator – Speeds up color development
- Unique stabilizer – Suppresses non enzymatic backgrounds with acid-labile substrates (ATP or GTP)
- PiColorLock™-Pi complex is very stable – No precipitation, results can be measured over several hours – ideal for HTS
- Wide linear range – No inhibition of color development by high concentrations of protein
- The unique PiColorLockTM Stabilizer prevents background drift with time
The PiColorLock™ reagent is often used with unstable substrates (e.g. ATP, GTP) that give rise to non-enzymatic background drift with time. The unique stabilizer, provided in the PiColorLock™ phosphate detection system, blocks this non-enzymatic breakdown generating a stable low background. The stable signal can therefore be read up to several hours after the reaction has ended.Click to read more